The Perfect Routine Before Sleep
Nothing beats a nice long night, as you know from your weekend lie-ins. Aside from smoothies and sun salutations, the most successful way to improve your health costs nothing. Sleep is the “chief nourisher of life’s feast,” as Shakespeare said it, and he was right: it nourishes the mind and body more than everything else. A good night’s sleep is crucial. You’d think we’d be better at setting priorities and figuring out how to sleep better. Yet life has a habit of getting in the way. A good bedtime routine will assist you in getting the rest you need. Don’t spend a lot of money on a weighted pad, a sunshine simulator, or sleep mist. Some sleep time tea, a long hot bath, or a stroll around the block can be just what you need to drift off.
Tips for the perfect routine before sleep:
- Avoid the siesta: As tempting as it can be, a long afternoon nap will throw the body clock off and find it difficult to fall asleep when the time comes. A fast 20-minute power nap should suffice.
- Have a tea: Herbal teas are one of the easiest ways to have a full night’s sleep without any negative side effects. These herbal teas are the safest and do not pose any health risks to people. The natural herbs and flowers in tea will help encourage and foster a restful night, so having a cup of tea before bed is always the simplest and most efficient ritual to follow. So avoid caffeine and stick to tea, especially before sleeping.
- Walk it out: Whether or not you have a puppy, going on a nighttime walk is a surefire way to clear your mind, and walking will help you relax, whether you have trouble sleeping or fall asleep quickly. Get up there and stomp your feet.
- Reconnect: Reconnect: Finding time with those you care about, whether it’s calling a friend, reading a bedtime story to your children, or catching up with your partner over a cup of herbal tea, is one of the easiest ways to try and help you unwind and relax.
- Light a candle: Anything from illumination to feng shui will affect your mood. Relax by lighting a candle and listening to your favorite song. Lighting a candle will upgrade your environment and will make you sleep peacefully.
- Soak it up: Looking for a sleep aid that also serves as a spa treatment. Make some time for yourself with a long hot soak with Epsom salts and bubbles – yeah, you heard us correctly, you have our permission to be fancy! Get a bath bridge so you can read a book while bathing and sip tea.
- Give thanks: Just before going to bed, make a list of three things you’re thankful for. Gratitude has been shown to boost self-esteem and minimize peer comparisons, so when you float off, the mind will be relaxed and clear.
- Listen to music: Make yourself a relaxing playlist to help you drift off to sleep. Put your phone on airplane mode and listen to the music as you peacefully sleep.
- Meditation: For a relaxed and deep sleep, meditation is ought to be the perfect way to achieve this goal. Meditation not only helps to unwind mental stress but also helps to release muscle tension which leads to a calm state of mind and body. Moreover, meditation for about 20 minutes can ensure 4-5 hours of deep sleep. So, make sure to take few minutes for yourself before sleeping.